Electrical Fire Prevention!
Modern electronics have revolutionized our way of life and most Americans use a whole slew of electronics each day that need charging. Without a doubt, electronics have improved the lives of millions, however home electrical fires are responsible for over 50,000 fires and $1.3 billion in fire damage losses in any given year. Thankfully, companies like SERVPRO of NW Monroe County specialize in tasks regarding fire damages and offer 24/7 services to mitigate losses.
In addition to their fire damage services, SERVPRO of NW Monroe County would like to offer electrical safety advice to all. First and foremost, for the little ones like children and pets, it is important to cover unused outlets to avoid any accidents. Similarly, keeping cords neat and tidy not only reduce clutter, but reduce the risk of a fire and fire damages. Appliances that generate heat should never have objects draped on them and should be given several inches of space for proper air circulation to avoid a fire and fire damages. A bit redundant, but electronics should never be used with wet hands for personal safety. Perhaps the most underrated advice is to unplug objects like phone cords and laptop chargers after using them. This greatly reduces heat buildup and the risk of starting a home fire and creating fire damages.
Following proper electrical safety guidelines exponentially reduces the risk of an electrical home fire and fire damages. While risks can be minimized, they cannot be eliminated and that is why companies like SERVPRO of NW Monroe County are dedicated to providing fire damage services amongst other specialties. For questions, call (585) 723-1990, visit their website, or find them on Facebook and Twitter.